Baby + Me Series: Choco Pancakes
The yummiest secretly-super-healthy pancakes.
1 medium zucchini, peeled and diced
1/2 cup loosely packed shredded carrots
2 ripe bananas
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon chia seeds, to add last
Butter or coconut oil, for cooking
- In a blender, combine zucchini, shredded carrots, banana, whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, flax seeds, vanilla extract and cinnamon.
- Place the lid on the blender and blend until all of the ingredients are well-combined. You should take a few breaks while blending to scrape down the sides of the blender with a spatula to ensure that everything gets blended.
- Transfer the blended mixture into a mixing bowl with a spout, and mix in chia seeds with a spoon.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, add in butter or coconut oil so that the pancakes don’t stick.
- Using an ice cream scoop to measure, scoop the pancake batter into the heated frying pan.
- Cook 2-3 minutes on each side over medium heat. Due to all the veggies in the batter, the cooking time is a little longer than your standard buttermilk pancake.
- Add more butter or coconut oil in-between batches to ensure that the pan stays nice and oiled.
- Top off the pancakes with some berries, a drizzle of honey or organic maple syrup, or a dollop of coconut cream, and enjoy!
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/baby-me-series-choco-pancakes/