From Our Kitchen: Baked Zucchini Bites
Slightly crispy with an ooey-gooey cheesy center.
1 large zucchini, shredded
1/4 cup onion, shredded
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 F
- In a mixing bowl, combine shredded zucchini and onion, mozzarella cheese, Panko, egg and Parmesan cheese.
- Add in the basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt and black pepper, and mix well.
- On a lightly greased or non-stick baking sheet, fill a cookie cutter (we used a 3” circle, but you can use any shape or size you want!) with a spoonful of the zucchini mixture, and press it down into the mold with a spoon. You want the bite to be no taller than 1/4”.
- Remove the cookie cutter, leaving the zucchini mixture on the tray, and continue until you’ve molded all of the zucchini mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes, then flip the bites, and continue cooking for another 10-12 minutes.
- Once the bites are lightly browned on each side, remove them from the oven.
- Let cool slightly before serving - feel free to serve them on their own, or with a marinara dipping sauce.
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/from-our-kitchen-baked-zucchini-bites/