From Our Kitchen: Coconut Curried Vegetables + Lentils
Warming and nutritious, our Coconut Curried Vegetables + Lentils will satisfy all your cooler-weather cravings. It’s perfect for you and baby - and it’s a great dish to make ahead of time to serve as a mid-week time saver.
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
4 carrots, diced
3 stalks of celery, diced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup green lentils
1/2 cup long grain brown rice
2 teaspoons curry powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large sauce pan, combine diced onion and olive oil or coconut oil. Sauté for one minute, until onions begin to soften.
- Add in diced carrots and celery, and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until all of the vegetables have begun to soften.
- Pour in vegetable broth and coconut milk, and heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in green lentils, long grain brown rice, curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Over low-medium heat with a lid on the pot, allow the mixture to simmer for 25-30 minutes, until the veggies, lentils and rice are soft and tender. Stir occasionally.
- Allow to cool, and enjoy!
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/from-our-kitchen-coconut-curried-vegetables-lentils/