Apples. Lucuma. Cinnamon. Nutmeg. Our recipe for classic, no sugar-added Homemade Applesauce.
8-10 small apples, peeled, cored and quartered
1 1/2 cups water
1 teaspoon lucuma
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large pot, combine quartered apples and water. Add a lid onto the pot and allow the mixture to simmer over medium heat for 20-30 minutes, until the apples are soft and tender.
- Remove the apples from the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Using tongs, remove the cooked apples from the cooking liquid, and place the cooked apples in a large blender.
- Add lucuma, cinnamon and nutmeg into the blender, and blend until you have a smooth applesauce.
- Serve immediately, or keep in the fridge for up to one week.
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/from-our-kitchen-homemade-apple-sauce/