From Our Kitchen: Instant Pot Vegan Cheese Sauce
A Vegan Cheese Sauce for Veggie Dippin’ and Mac and Cheesin’
1/2 of a small onion or 1/4 of a large onion, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup potatoes, peeled and diced
3/4 cup carrots, peeled and diced
1/4 cup water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Place the Instant Pot on the sauté setting and add onions and olive oil.
- Sauté the onions and olive oil until the onions are soft and translucent.
- Switch the Instant Pot from the sauté setting to STEW setting, and add in potatoes, carrots, water, lemon juice and salt.
- Set the Instant Pot timer to 30 minutes and let the Instant Pot work it’s magic.
- Once the Instant Pot is finished cooking everything, carefully release the lid and remove the contents of the Instant Pot and place into a bowl.
- Allow the cooked items to cool for 5 minutes, then transfer to a blender.
- Add in nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric and paprika, then blend until the cheese mixture is smooth and creamy. If necessary, use a spatula to scrape the sides of the blender, and blend again until smooth.
- Serve warm with your favorite veggies, on cooked noodles, or as a dip for grilled meats.
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/from-our-kitchen-instant-pot-vegan-cheese-sauce/