From Our Kitchen: Red Risotto
Bright red, delicious and packed with nutrients. Our red risotto is guaranteed to please.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion, diced
1 medium beet, peeled and diced
2 small tomatoes, diced
1 cup arborio rice
1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
Chopped chives, for garnish
- In a medium sauté pan, combine olive oil, diced onions and diced beets. Sauté over medium heat, until the onions and beets are soft. For faster cooking time, place a lid over the sauté pan to allow the beets to steam.
- Once the onions and beets are soft, add in the diced tomatoes and sauté for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat, and place the onion, beets, and tomato into a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan, add in arborio rice and sauté the dry rice over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, allowing it to toast slightly.
- Add in vegetable broth 1/2 cup at a time, making sure that the liquid is fully absorbed before adding another 1/2 cup of broth.
- Once the rice has absorbed the final 1/2 cup of vegetable broth, add in the pureed onion, beets and tomatoes, and mix well. Keep over the heat for 2-3 more minutes, then remove from heat.
- If desired, garnish with fresh chopped chives, then serve.
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/from-our-kitchen-red-risotto/