From Our Kitchen: Squash + Greens Frittata
Inspired by our very own Squash + Greens blend.
1 small onion, diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups fresh kale
1/2 cup fresh or frozen butternut squash*
2 tablespoons whole milk or almond milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
*You can use leftover already-roasted squash or sweet potatoes that you have on hand, or you can use frozen butternut squash.
- Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, create the egg mixture by combining eggs, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and mixing well with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized sauté pan, combine olive oil, fresh kale and butternut squash. Over medium-high heat, sauté for 7-8 minutes, until the onions, kale and butternut squash are soft.
- Once the vegetables are soft, add in the egg mixture and mix in with the veggies, stirring constantly for one minute. Remove the pan from the heat (eggs will still be very runny - they’ll finish cooking in the oven) and transfer the pan into the oven.
- Bake for approximately 10 minutes, then remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/from-our-kitchen-squash-greens-frittata/