Super Power Muffins
Banana, Avocado, Sweet Potatoes, Apples. All those fresh ingredients that you won't find in store-bought finger food.
1 avocado, mashed
1 banana, mashed
1 cup pumpkin or sweet potato puree
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup coconut flour
2 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl, mash one banana and one avocado.
- Add in all of your liquid ingredients, including: sweet potato or pumpkin puree, applesauce and vanilla extract. Mix all the liquid ingredients until they’re well blended.
- Add in all dry ingredients, including: coconut flour, rolled oats, baking powder and cinnamon. The mixture will be fairly thick.
- Add in all of the muffin mixture into a piping bag, and pipe into a non-stick mini muffin tray. Sprinkle the tops of the muffins with an extra sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Bake for 14-16 minutes until the muffins are lightly browned, but still soft in the center.
* If you want a sweeter treat for yourself, you can certainly add a quarter cup of honey or maple syrup (in the liquid ingredient mix) and 1/2 a teaspoon of kosher salt (when adding the dry ingredients).
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/from-our-kitchen-super-power-muffins/