Crispy Beet Chips
Whether you're using beets or any other vegetable, this recipe is bound to be a crowd pleaser.
3-5 small beets
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Begin by peeling beets and slicing into thin slices on a mandolin.
- Lay out a few large pieces of paper towels and lay out the beets, making sure not to overlap.
- Sprinkle the beets with salt, and allow the beets to rest on the paper towels for about 30 minutes.
- Taking a second layer of paper towels, dab the excess moisture from the beets.
- Transfer the beet slices to a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper (crucial step!).
- Sprinkle the beet slices with onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, or whatever spices and seasonings you prefer.
- Bake for 1-1 1/2 hours (depending on how thin the beets were sliced / how crispy you like your chips) at 250F.
- Allow the chips to cool, and enjoy!
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/kitchen-crispy-beet-chips/