Sweet Potato & Millet Falafel Bites
Sweet potato. Millet. Chickpeas. Delicious herbs and spices. Love. The ingredients for an amazing, nutrient dense falafel that you and the whole family will love. These bites are also great for your little one who is moving on to more complex finger foods.
1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked for 24 hours
1 cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
¼ cup yellow onion, diced
2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
One handful fresh parsley, chopped
One handful fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon pink Himalayan sea salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup cooked millet
Coconut oil, for greasing
- Preheat oven to 400F, and grease a mini muffin pan (with 24 wells) with coconut oil.
- In a food processor, combine soaked chickpeas, cooked sweet potato, diced onion, garlic, parsley, cilantro, cumin, salt and pepper.
- Begin to blend the mixture in the food processor, taking breaks to scrape the insides of the food processor. You want the mixture to be well-combined, but still have good texture.
- Place the blended mixture in a large bowl, and mix in cooked millet with a spatula.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, create 24 balls from the falafel mixture, and place in the wells of the muffin pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping the bites halfway through. The bites may still be soft when you flip them halfway, but they will crisp on the edges by the end of the cooking period.
- Once the bites are done, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Serving Tip: Dip the falafel bites in a yogurt and herb sauce, such as a homemade tzatziki sauce.
Recipe by The 1000 at https://blog.helloyumi.com/eat-more/kitchen-sweet-potato-millet-falafel-bites/