Raspberry-Coconut Shave Ice
Raspberry-Coconut Heaven for Those Hot Summer Days
4 pints of fresh raspberries (6 oz containers)
2 cans coconut milk
1/4 cup maple syrup
Dash of pink sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a blender, add in all 4 pints of raspberries. Blend until the raspberries are smooth.
- Once the raspberries are blended, put the pureed raspberries through a mesh strainer to remove the seeds from the puree. Keep in mind, if you like the texture of the seeds, you can skip this step!
- Put the strained raspberry puree into the blender, and add in the coconut milk, maple syrup, sea salt and vanilla extract.
- Blend for approximately 30 seconds, and then transfer the ice cream mixture into a deep baking sheet or Tupperware dish.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 1-2 hours, until completely frozen.
- Remove the sheet pan from the freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes, until you're able to scrape off layers to make shaved ice.
Not into shave ice? Or already worked out your arms at the gym? Here are some alternate ways to prepare this delicious frozen treat.
- If you're fancy and you have an ice cream machine, put the original liquid mix in your ice cream maker and let it work it's magic.
- If you don't want to scrape off layers to make shaved ice, put the frozen mixture back in the blender and make some creamy ice cream!